Final Project Ideas

I have a couple ideas, so I am going to write down what I have been thinking about as process.

01 BRANDING
I want to brand myself. I have had an art instagram for a couple years and as it becomes more graphic design oriented I think it is time for a change of pace. I would like a logo, and I would like to take and edit pictures of myself, both for the profile on my instagram and for on my portfolio website that I am coding as my final for Interaction Design. I want to choose a color scheme and fonts for myself, and possibly create a business card. I have been teaching myself adobe animate while stuck at home, so I might make some little animations that fit the aesthetic of my brand as well, these could become loading screens on my website or be used to animate my logo. I like the idea of creating something that serves as more than just a portfolio piece.

02 PHOTOSHOP EXCERSIZES, FAKE LANDSCAPES
This would take less time, which would allow me to focus more on other final projects. I would compile a folder of photographs from online, number them, and use a random number generator to pick four or five. I then would challenge myself to combine those images into one cohesive piece, including color correcting them so that they all blend into one "landscape". I would make a bunch of different ones, and choose my favorites to present in critique.

Comments

  1. I think the branding project is important, especially if graphic design is your intended major and profession. Since you've already developed a blog (instagram) and it's developed into your graphic design identity platform you should continue to evolve it and make it your professional outlet. Designing a brand/identity should bring all that together. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment